Spice up your wedding with a round of The Wedding Shoe Game.
If you have time to spare, why not add this game to the list? This piece of entertainment won't only be amusing to the couple, but will also leave the entire crowd chuckling.
Remember, It's all good in fun, don't take this too seriously, and enjoy the game.
What is the Wedding Shoe Game?
The shoe game is a popular wedding reception activity that adds an element of fun and entertainment for the couple and their guests. It involves the newlywed couple sitting back-to-back in chairs, each holding one of their own shoes and one of their partner's shoes. The game is typically hosted by a wedding MC or a friend/family member.
Difficult to explain in words, easy to see how the wedding shoe game works by watching this video:
The Premise: The shoe game involves asking a series of questions about the couple's preferences, experiences, and personalities. The couple answers by raising the shoe that they believe represents the best answer, either their own shoe or their partner's shoe.
- The questions can be lighthearted and humorous or more personal and revealing.
- They cover various aspects such as personalities, habits, and experiences.
- The aim is to highlight their similarities, differences, and the unique dynamics of their relationship.
The Experience: The shoe game provides an interactive and engaging experience for the guests, giving them insight into the couple's relationship in a fun and entertaining way. It allows the couple to showcase their compatibility, sense of humor, and knowledge of each other. Additionally, it creates a joyful and relaxed atmosphere, helping to break the ice and foster a sense of camaraderie among the guests.
Overall, the shoe game adds an enjoyable and memorable element to the wedding reception, creating moments of laughter and connection for everyone involved. It serves as a delightful reminder of the couple's love and shared experiences, leaving a lasting impression on both the couple and their guests. Make the groom and the bride raise their custom shoes.
Can the bridesmaid play? What about groomsmen vs bridesmaids? try and let us know, you can start a new trend.
How Does it Work?
Don't worry, this game requires no strategic thinking. And it is OK if the bride is wearing heels, and no oxford shoes.
The bride and the groom sit back-to-back. Each of them has 2 different shoes. One is that of the groom and the other is that of the bride. The host/caller will ask several questions. Once each question has been asked, the couple should raise their shoe if it describes their tendencies, or their partner's shoe if it represents their partner's tendencies.
Here's the catch (or the fun part): The couple can't see each other. So they'll have no idea what their significant other answered. The only way they can guess is by looking at the audience's reaction.
Want to put your marriage to the ultimate test? Play the Wedding Shoe Game before you've had too many drinks and risk forgetting the answers.
Here's a short summary of the game:
- The 2 spouses sit back-to-back
- Each has 2 different shoes: Their own and their partner's
- The host will ask questions, such as, "Who's the better dancer?"
- Each of the spouses raises the shoe when they think they are the ones that match the question. Isn't it funny?
How Many Questions Should the Game Have?
Technically that's up to you to decide. However, we suggest you have a minimum of at least 30 questions ready. The funnier and more diverse the questions, the more entertaining the game will be.
80 Wedding Shoe Game Questions
- Who's the most stubborn?
- Who's louder?
- Who's the better singer?
- Who is more direct?
- Who's the dog person?
- Who's the better cook?
- Who's the early bird?
- Who's more outgoing?
- Who's clumsier?
- Who talks the most?
- Who makes the best jokes?
- Who has a sweet tooth?
- Who swears the most?
- Who is more likely to be late?
- Who's more mature?
- Who's the better dancer?
- Who's messier?
- Who’s more likely to fall asleep in front of the TV?
- Who's more likely to forget anniversaries?
- Who's more of a daredevil?
- Who said "I love you" first?
- Who fell in love first?
- Who was the first to set up a date?
- Who is the biggest flirt?
- Who's more likely to start an argument?
- Who proposed?
- Who wears the pants in this relationship?
- Who paid on the first date?
- Who is the better kisser?
- Who has more exes?
- Who is more likely to want kids first?
- Who gives the best gifts?
- Who is more romantic?
- Who is the first to apologize?
- Who plans the best dates?
- Who is the more affectionate partner?
- Who went for the kiss first?
- Who chose the honeymoon location?
- Who initiated the first vacation?
- Who wanted to make it official first?
- Who has better style?
- Who spends more time getting ready?
- Who has the crazier family?
- Who is the better driver?
- Who is more athletic?
- Who has a better taste in music?
- Who does most of the cooking?
- Who hogs the blanket?
- Who had the crazier bach party?
- Who takes up most of the space in bed?
- Who spends more time binging TV shows?
- Who's more of a coffee person?
- Who's the bigger party animal?
- Who spends more time on social media?
- Who control the remote?
- Who is more likely to forget to put gas in the car?
- Who is more likely to be the one to plan the family vacation?
- Who's the messiest?
- Who is more likely to get lost?
- Who would eat dessert for breakfast?
- Who is more likely to pass a red light?
- Who's crazier?
- Who is more likely to become famous?
- Who is more likely to burn down the house by accident?
- Who is always right?
- Who's braver?
- Who's more likely to go skydiving?
- Who has the worst road rage?
- Who spends the most money?
- Who's more dramatic?
- Who’s more likely to scream at the sight of a spider?
- Who's the pickier eater?
- Who's the bigger shopaholic?
- Who would last longer on a deserted island?
- Who gives the best massage?
- Who gives the best hugs?
- Who's the most awkward?
- Who's more likely to trip over something?
- Who is more likely to be arrested?
What is the question at the end of the wedding shoe game?
How do you conclude the wedding shoe game with a flourish and a dash of romance? Drawing the curtains on this playful and endearing game requires finesse as it's one of the reception’s showstoppers. The game host, whether it's the DJ, the best man, or an exuberant friend, is the maestro in orchestrating the perfect ending. Below are creative and engaging ways to achieve a grand finale for the wedding shoe game:
- Energetic Round of Applause: The host should rally the guests to give a standing ovation dedicated to the lovebirds. As the applause roars, the couple can raise their shoes high, signifying the unity celebrated through the game.
- The Heartfelt Question: Ending the game with a poignant question, such as “Who can't imagine life without the other?” allows the couple to both raise their shoes, bathing the room in tenderness.
- Nostalgic Flashback: Take a walk down memory lane with a sweet throwback question like, “Who remembers the date of your first kiss?” A sentimental ending will have hearts melting.
- Engage the Audience: Involve the attendees by having them shout suggestions for the last question. It could be a lovely mix of humor and romance, making it a collective and participative ending.
- A Gracious Thank You: The couple can take center stage to express gratitude to everyone for sharing in their joy. It could coincide with a final question like, “Who feels incredibly grateful right now?”
- A Touch of Humor: Let the laughter flow by ending with a humorous question like “Who is the better cook?” It will add lightness and joy to the conclusion.
- Raise Your Glasses: The host can encourage everyone to raise their glasses in honor of the couple's love and adventures ahead. A hearty toast can be the closing act.
- Picture Perfect Moment: The photographer can be cued to capture the moment the couple raises their shoes to answer the final question. This picture will be a cherished memento.
- Footloose Dance: Post the final question, the couple can kick off their shoes and dance to a song that has special meaning for them, encouraging everyone to join in.
- Final Shoe Raise: As a symbolic gesture, the couple can raise each other's shoes high in the air after the last question, signifying their mutual love and respect.
Remember, the ending should be as unique as the couple themselves, encapsulating the love, laughter, and joy that the wedding shoe game brings to the celebration.
How Long Does the Game Usually Last?
The game's duration is flexible, but it generally lasts between 10 to 15 minutes. The number of questions you choose will significantly impact the length.
What Happens if the Couple Gives Conflicting Answers?
That's part of the fun! Conflicting answers often result in laughter and can be a humorous highlight of the game. The host can make light of the situation with a witty comment.
Can Children Participate?
Absolutely, children can be involved either as spectators or by helping to hold up the shoes. However, ensure that the questions are age-appropriate if kids are present.
Do We Need Special Shoes for the Game?
What's the Best Time to Play the Game During the Reception?
Timing is everything. The game is often best played after dinner but before the dance floor opens up. This keeps the energy high and serves as a great transition into the more free-form part of the evening.
How Do We Choose the Host?
The host should be someone who is charismatic and comfortable speaking in front of a crowd. This could be the wedding MC, a member of the wedding party, or even a close friend or family member.
What If We Want to Keep Some Questions a Surprise?
If you want to add an element of surprise, you can ask guests to submit questions before or even during the wedding. Just make sure someone vets them to ensure they are appropriate and respectful.
We hope you'll enjoy this game as much as we do thinking about it. Make your own selection and create a list of the best questions you think both the bride and groom would have pleasure in answering. It's best if you personalize the questions to the couple's relationship to make it more fun and engaging.
Are you looking for a wedding outfit? At Hockerty and Sumissura you'll find the outfit you've always dreamed of wearing. Discover our dapper men's wedding suit collection at Hockerty or our gorgeous dresses and women's suits at our sister brand Sumissura. Do you see yourself as a pantsuit bride? No problem, we also have you covered. Also for bridesmaids and guests: design your own custom dress and enjoy the wedding shoe game.