Size matters – something that’s definitely true when it comes to clothing. If you’re genetically blessed and on the tall side, embrace your height. While we do know that there are both advantages and disadvantages to being tall, it’s easy to assume that it’s a problem that many individuals would prefer to have. Statuesque ladies can show off their long limbs and more often than not, can get away with wearing all sorts of fashion trends.
· Proportions: Whether you’re on the shorter or taller side, balancing the right proportions is key to accentuating your physical assets. If you have a long torso, opt for high waisted bottoms, including over the knee skirts, paired with a short or cropped top to balance your silhouette. If you have the opposite figure, with your legs longer than your torso, choose longer fitting tops and lower waisted bottoms.
· Avoid high waisted bottoms: In general, taller women are already blessed with long legs and while most would like to have legs for days, you also don’t want to look like you’re all just legs. That said, avoid high waisted bottoms like trousers and jeans that will make you appear as if your torso is too short and not proportioned.
· Embrace long dresses, maxi skirts and midi dresses: Make the most of your long frame by wearing long dresses/gowns, maxi skirts and midi dresses. When it comes to fashion, one of the great things about being tall is being able to get away with wearing a lot of fabric, without it overwhelming your size. Floor-length gowns and longer length skirts are fabulous options for tall women.
Green Maxi Dress by Sumissura
· Opt for jumpsuits: Jumpsuits look like they’re practically made for tall women as they look so great on long body types. As long as they fit well – with pants that aren’t too short and a waist line that sits right – they can easily make you look super chic.
· Oversized clothing: Another advantage to being on the tall side is the opportunity to wear all the oversized clothing that have been and continue to be on trend. You don’t have to be afraid that you’ll look as though you’re being drowned by large clothing styles. Oversized shirts, blazers, and jackets are just right and look good on tall women.
· Mix and match prints or patterns with a solid color: When you have a long and lean frame, you can also embrace prints and patterns and mix them up. You don’t have to focus on creating a long line with your outfit or stick to a monochrome look to create the illusion of length because you already have the height. You can divide your top area from your bottom area by mixing a patterned top with a solid bottom or by matching different patterns and prints.
· Bold prints: Taller women can also get away with wearing large, bold prints that often look too overwhelming on petite ladies. Whether you prefer large florals, oversized patterns or big color blocking, you can get away with wearing any of them.
Pink Floral Skirtsuit by Sumissura
· Statement accessories: Bigger is better when it comes to accessories. If you’d like to create the illusion of appearing a little smaller, large bags, big necklaces, wide belts, and other oversized accessory styles will do just the trick. These styles will help you stand out without having to worry about literally looking larger than life.
· Asymmetric dresses and skirts: Asymmetric or high-low dresses and skirts are great styles to wear if you’d like to make your legs appear more in proportion and not necessarily so long.
Blue High Low Maxi Dress by Sumissura
· Don’t be afraid to wear heels: Lastly, regardless of what your height is or how tall you naturally are, don’t be afraid to wear heels. Follow the high heeled footsteps of statuesque ladies like Karlie Kloss, Taylor Swift and Gigi Hadid who always stand out in style, whether they’re in flats or stilettos.