We have collected some of our most demanded dress styles at our atelier for empire waist dresses. It hasn't been an easy decision because there are endless possibilities and combinations to create an empire waist dress. Despite traditionally, we expect an empire dress to have maxi length and deep v-neck, you can design it in any possible way to match your style and necessities. Necklines, sleeves, and skirt styles and lengths are 4 variables that create endless combinations.
First of all, though, let us remind you that you can design your empire dress on your own, using our unique dress designer. Try it here:
References to the dresses appearing in this infographic:
High-low deep-vneck · Asymmetric Long · Long Sleeve Asymmetric mini · Long sleeves Empire Dress · Mini deep v-neck · Halter Maxi Empire Dress · Strapless Maxi Empire · Bell sleeve deep vneck Empire · Midi V-neck Empire Dress
How to choose the right Empire Waist Dress Design
Let's talk about the options you have and it's implications when designing an empire waist dress:
- V-neck empire dresses. There are 2 type of v-necks. Use the deep one if your intentions are stealing the show. If you are looking for a more modest option, try the standard and classy v neck
- Asymmetric empire dresses. Really trendy during the last seasons. It shows one of your shoulders, making it very elegant. At the same time it doesn't feel like you are showing so much.
- Halter empire dresses: One of our favourites options. Elegant and stylish. Shows the beauty of your shoulders. Ideal for women with not too much bust.
- Strapless empire dresses: After the v-neck, this is the most demanded neckline option. But you really need to know how to wear it. Recommended for medium and big busts it makes all eyes concentrate on the upper part of your body, hair, necklace and shoulders.
- Sleeveless empire dresses: The classic option. Strapless and halter necklines are by definition, sleeveless.
- Short sleeve empire dresses: Very elegant option that you can style with v-necks. It covers your shoulders adding a refined touch.
- Long sleeve empire dresses: We love how it looks the combination of a brave deep v-neck and the elegance of long sleeves. Ideal for winter/fall events, or in case you just don't want to show your arms.
- High-low Empire Dresses: you can design a dress with high-low skirt in any length, except mini, for obvious reasons. A high low dress adds a touch of fun to your outfit. Makes it look a bit naughty, but at the same time you can combine it with other elements that make it refined. Mix and match, ladies!
- Mini Empire Dresses: ideal option for cocktail events and to show those beautiful legs you have. Pair it with modest options on the top to make it even more stylish.
- Midi Empire Dresses: the casual option. You don't want to look too dressy nor too cheeky? Take the midi length and you will get it right.
- Maxi Empire Dresses: the typical length. If you think about an empire waist dress, the maxi length comes to your mind.
Get inspired with some of our random styles for empire line dresses: